Monday, April 6, 2009

She's the best

Well I must say my mind hasn't changed in 6 years. I saw Maya Moore as a freshman at Collins Hill and her team went 32-0 before they finally lost in the championship at the Arena to Stephenson. Well Maya went 125-3 over four years at Collins Hill with 3 straight state championships and now she is 71-1 on the College level with what's going to be a championship. 196-3 comes to about 98.5% of her games. If that's not incredible I don't know what is.

I was just thinking if Andy Landers or Pat Summit got Maya how would they do. I guarantee they would be the winning teams. Sure Tina Charles and Rene Montgomery are good players but Maya makes whoever is around her better. There is no doubt in my mind that those teams would be contending for a title had Maya chosen them over University of Connecticut.

Gino Auriemma is a good coach but I could coach a team with Maya Moore on it. She not only scores, 24 points against Stanford, but she rebounds (8 rebounds against Stanford) and she chipped in with 2 assists. She will usually have 5 or 6 assists with 8-10 rebounds. Oklahoma was thinking they would play them again. Well Louisville gets that honor. Either team would have lost by 20 or so.

Will there ever be another Maya? I doubt it. Not since Cindy Brogdon has there been a player of this caliber. So i guess it will be another 25 years. We'll see

No comments:

Post a Comment