Friday, April 10, 2009

Doing Highlight Video helps get you noticed

Well I have done many highlight video's for athletes around the county and today I got a call from Delano Howard. Senior that is. He asked if I could do a video for him on Delano Howard Jr. I said well of course. I found out he was in North Platte, Nebraska. I am thinking to myself "Wow that is far." I couldn't imagine going that far to a junior college but I see he did very well.
It got me to thinking about some of these stars that didn't go on to success on the next level as far as D-1 schools or pro's. I am wondering what they are doing now.

I had a friend in 7th grade named Mark Thigpen. I thought he'd be a superstar and be playing a sport for money one day. Well I found him on Facebook and he said he got injured and now owns his own company making team apparel and logo's in Augusta. We'll give his company a plug. It's called Custom Images Inc. located in the Augusta and North Augusta, S.C. area.

Then I covered a player in Perry named Ken Sikes. He got drafted and went to the minor leagues for a while and now after 8 years in the minors he works for Blue Bird in Fort Valley. He told me on Facebook that he has gotten into the real world now. Haven't we all. I also noticed that Sy Jones from Perry, who pitched in the state title game in 1991 is now a baseball coach and teacher at FPD in Macon. Anther player I covered in Perry Marvin Stokeling is now in Atlanta and does promotions for a young rapper.

Delano still wants to play D-1 and wants to be closer to home. I think he can do it. He's a quick shooting guard that played alongside Louis Williams from the Philadelphia 76ers in high school. I didn't realize he also played against Ty Lawson of North Carolina fame in a game against Oak Hill and actually helped his team come back to win that game. That was probably one of the best games I have ever seen.

So if you want to find out where one of the stars was when you were a kid, do a search on Facebook and you will probably find out they are in the corporate world. But Delano still young enough to make it and I hope he does.

Doing these video's really help you get seen. These guys made an impact at college and now are in the real world but if you want to really get noticed the highlight video's are a very good way. My company Play-By-Play Adverising has done video's for Chica Okoli from Brookwood who ended up at Samford. We did a video for Rob Wadley from Duluth, John Sizemore of North Gwinnett, who went to Army, Ean Pemberton this past season from Grayson, Donnie Moon from North Gwinnett, Jesse Garcia of Peachtree Ridge, Eric Josovitz, who went to West Georgia and many more.

So if you are not the star of the team but still want to get seen, check us out on our website at www.thecoachescorner.net and then give us a call. You can be seen too.

2 comments:

  1. That's funny, 'cause I actually will be down in Smyrna, Georgia, next week,.. at the military base,..don't even know the name of it yet,..you probably know it,..

    Thanks for stopping by,..and I will definitely follow this blog,..I'm a sports nut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got a guy for you,..sent your reference links to his dad,..his son, Justin, TRUE stud,.. RB, DB,..been a monster player ever since I've known him,..Dad has a lot of tape already. Think Justin was a bit interested in Auburn, the last I heard.
    Holla.

    ReplyDelete