Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring Sports Are in Full Force

During football season, I really thought I was busy. I would prepare for a Friday night football game well in advance. Then I would edit the game to get it ready for television. I always thought things would slow down in the Spring. Boy, was I wrong. Not only is there high school baseball, but we have boys and girls soccer, golf, tennis and now even lacrosse. As many of you know, I stress on my show that I am the only locally produced high school sports show that covers all sports in Gwinnett County. So, in order for me to uphold my motto, I am so looking forward to covering these other sports.

I, being the sports-minded person I am, am really looking forward to covering lacrosse and becoming more familiar with the game. It must be a very active game and a player must need to be in great shape to participate in this sport. I heard that former NFL great Howie Long's son, who was an excellent quarterback chose to go to the University of Virginia on a lacrosse scholarship. This sport is really gaining popularity nationwide. Of course, we all know it really became more well known after the Duke scandal a few years ago.

Here is Gwinnett County, Wesleyan was the first to have a lacrosse team. Now, Peachtree Ridge, GAC, Collins Hill and a few others have made lacrosse a varsity sport. So, for those of you who think baseball and soccer are the only Spring sports, you may want to check out lacrosse. I know I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment