Friday, March 27, 2009

Price shipped to minors kills me

I was expecting big things from David Price of the Tampa Bay Rays. Did you see what he did in the playoffs and in the one game the Rays won in the World Series? This guy is young but I know he isn't a flash in the pan. I picked him on my fantasy team and what do the Rays do? They send him to the minors.

Well, sometimes that could come as a blessing. Let Price go down and work on some things and watch what happens. Maybe he'll be a phenom like everyone is expecting anyway. This is my first time playing fantasy baseball and I am really excited. I have always watched the Braves and could tell you everything about them but I never really kept up with the stats from other players. Now I will.

Price may be gone to the minors but my pitching staff is excellent. Another big surprise will be Joe Saunders. That guy was 17-7 last year and the last 5 games had an ERA under 3.00. All I want from him is the same numbers. And he would be my number 3 or 4 pitcher. I have Johan Santana, Roy Oswalt, Scott Kazmir, Saunders and then battling for the 5 spot is Ted Lilly, Gavin Floyd, Bronson Arroyo and Joel Hanrahan. Plus I have K-Rod closing. Francisco Rodriguez should score me a lot of points. Wow what if he had 60 saves like last year.

It's crazy but I am a true Braves fan. I am going to have to pull for Santana when he pitches and K-Rod and then have the other New York Met's to lose. So if Santana goes 35-0 and K-Rod gets 35 saves I am in good shape. I really need the American League guys to do most of my scoring. Which I think they usually do. At any rate, this being my first year should be a lot of fun. Let the games begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment