Monday, March 23, 2009

County dominance moving to the Northeast

Being a neutral party I can tell you the dominance of the local baseball teams has moved from the south part of the county to the north part. If you remember the days of Parkview and Brookwood dominating in most all the sports including baseball, I believe the north part of the county has caught up and maybe even passed the south part.
Take a look at the teams; Norcross, Mill Creek, Peachtree Ridge, Collins Hill and North Gwinnett. I believe they all have past the teams like Parkview, Brookwood, Shiloh, South Gwinnett and Berkmar. Yes every now and then region 8-AAAAA will beat one of those teams but overall I think region 7-AAAAA has the talent to beat on a consistent basis the other.
I know in football they have that rivalries game and I think they ought to break it up by region and then we can have a true test. If you look at the rankings this year you have 3-4 teams in the top 10 and Brookwood from the other region has cracked the top 10 but I feel that is based on the fact they won it last season. And taking nothing away from them last season, they had a great and I mean great team. But no one else did. The entire region is loaded this year for 7-AAAAA. And that also includes South Forsyth, who I don't know a lot about. I do know they have 8 seniors back and all are college prospects.
Only time will tell but let's see come end of May who is still alive during the playoffs and who is not. I will say region 7-AAAAA will be. They are matched up with region 8 in the first round so that will give us our answer. Maybe they will prove me wrong. Only time will tell

No comments:

Post a Comment