Wednesday, May 20, 2009

To be the man, You have to beat the man

I have taken a week or so off and now am back. I have gone to many high school baseball games and have drawn the conclusion I didn't think I would. To take a line from one of the great wrestlers of all time Ric Flair "to be the man you have to beat the man." And that holds true for even sports on the high school level. As i was going through the season I thought that Brookwood would be a little down after losing all those great players from last year's championship. If you remember they made it to the final four the year before and then won it all last year. This year they returned Ronnie Freeman, Michael Brown and Matt Adams but that was it as far as major contributors. And then you look at Wesleyan and they only returned a handful of players from last year's championship team. But both are back in the final four.
And in my opinion, which Blogs are just that, opinions, I think both have great shots at winning a title again.
Brookwood went down to a familiar place in East Coweta. The Indians were looking for revenge again. This is the third time the teams have met in the playoffs and for the third time the Bronco's bucked the Indians right out of the playoffs. Cam Bedrosian was 10-0 on the year. If you look at the kid's record over the last few years he only has 3-4 losses and all have been to Brookwood except one or two. Again I say, to be the man you have to beat the man and these Brookwood and Wesleyan teams will not be easy to eliminate.
I watched two dominant games with Wesleyan and Schley County. The Wildcats came into the series with a great 24-5 record and had simply destroyed all their opponents but then they ran into Devin Stanton and Drew Fithian. These two guys only gave up 2 hits together in 14 innings. I can sum it up in one word....Domination. They just dominated. All I have to say about both teams making it back to the final four is this....Gwinnett County is strong in all sports and that will continue because they will all reload and not rebuild. There are too many people in this county and the good ones will go to the places where winners are. So I may be writing this same kind of blog next season too. But for now, Good luck Wolves and Bronco's. We're pulling for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment