Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Get ready football is just around the corner

Well every year i go through a lull in the action but before you know it, it all starts again. I start in mid August with football and here in Gwinnett County we have some pretty good teams. Just look at last year where two of the four teams in the final four were from Gwinnett with Peachtree Ridge and Grayson. In years past it was Brookwood, Parkview and North Gwinnett. And throw in a Norcross or a Collins Hill and you have the making of a county that is loaded. Then we went to Basketball and once again we are loaded. Girls had Collins Hill, Central Gwinnett in the early part of the decade, Parkview and now Mill Creek and Duluth plus Berkmar have been pretty dog gone good. Then baseball with Wesleyan and Brookwood and throw in a few others and this county is strong.
I love all the sports but by playoff time I am getting burned out. I am ready for the next sport. That is true here in the summer. Baseball is over and I needed the break but I need something to tied me over till football. AAU or little league is good stuff but really isn't the same. This year we should be great again in football. It's just around the corner. Ean Pemberton will still be around but no Mikey Tamburo or Michael Box or Brandon Jacobs or any other big time player. I am sure some will come out of the woodworks. Charles Perkins will be fun to watch. Keep in mind we thought the same thing the year before last. I can only hope this year is as good as the last two years. If I am a betting man, I bet it will be. Just stay tuned to our blogs and we'll keep you posted plus we'll have our predictions. It's just around the corner. See ya then.

No comments:

Post a Comment