Tuesday, May 5, 2009

South Georgia North Georgia debate

Well it's that tme of year again and the debate never ends. Who has thebetter spors South Georgia or North Georgia. Well here is my opinion and having lived and seen both, I will give an unbiased opinion. Yes I am in the North Georgia part of the state but I lived in Augusta and Perry for many years and traveled all over south Georgia to see many good athletes.
I remember living in Augusta and remember Mike Kelly the former Georgia Tech star fom Westside Augusta. I remember Eddie Lee Ivory from Thompson who set many records at Tec. I remember covering Rod Ladd and Robert Shannon from Vienna and Shannon from Jakson. Then I covered other guys from south of Macon and believe me these guy were special. Lakista McCullers played at N.C. State and many compared him to MJ. Called him Baby Jordan. However, the North part of Georgia has produced some good ones that I have seen as well.
How about Stinchcomb's from Parkview, Quincy Carter and all the Southwest Dekalb guys. What about Jamal Lewis or Brandon Philips or Chris Neson or Jermaine Phillips. Remember Ezra Williams from Marietta or even Eric Zeier from Marietta. So the debate continues. But I would say that keep on debatng because for everyone you tell me about from the souhern part of Georgia we can find one from the Northern part of Georgia.
If you ask me, we are tied and will continue to be tied. Granted it runs in cycles but for now I feel the North is a little ahead but the south is close behind. But isn't it fun to debate it. With these high school playoffs going on now, let's see who takes the most crowns and that could determine the leader...for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment